Friday, February 6, 2009

pictures from the other side of the world...

I have not posted new pictures for a while. Here are a few pictures from my recent trip to Hong Kong.



Thank you Papa and Mama who woke up at 5am to see the "sunrise" at the Fei Ngo (Hong Kong) with me. It was a beautiful experience. No, we did not see a sun.


Thank you Cherie, Francis, Howard and Wai with whom I went to Ma Si Chau (Hong Kong.) It was a lot of fun.

Thank you Auntie Sef for inviting me to the Guangzhou Triannual. I had always wanted to go back to the Chen Family Ancestral Temple. The second picture is a building just outside the temple.

6 comments:

  1. Where in Guangzhou is the Temple? I _THINK_ I might have visited it when I was there - wich would be REALLY weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm! I don't think I know where exactly the temple is. It's famous for its brick carving, and was the family home for the Chan's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I _WAS_ THERE! I found my photos from the visit:

    http://www.fotothing.com/DragonSpeed/photo/89/

    There are also some bronze/copper statues outside telling of the visit of the emperor to the temple and waiting for entry, frmo what I recall. It's pretty near downtown (at least much more downtown then where I was (NorthWest - Hua Du)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the link, but it went to pictures in Canada?

    Yes, I think the temple is pretty downtown too. I never stay inside Guangzhou when I visit, since my home village is in the suburb Guangzhou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odd.. try this one:

    http://www.fotothing.com/DragonSpeed/photo/64bc66acc89962c3875215f3f5777517/

    ReplyDelete