Thursday, March 5, 2009

Image Quest 2009

It seems like most people begin their blog entries with “I’ve been bad with my blog.”

I have to admit that between teaching, attending Image Quest and battling with a sick body, updating my blog became secondary.


I just attended my first photography convention Image Quest 2009. The experience? It blew me away. I was most fascinated by Doug Gordon’s presentation. He’s one of the world’s most sought-after wedding photographers. He has a crazy workflow that incorporates dozens of poses at a lightening speed. He said, if you give me five minutes to do my job, no one in the world can do it as well as I can. But if you give me two hours, I don’t know what I am doing.”


Already I have used what Don Macgregor said in his session with a friend and three students the following day of his presentation. It was not only inspirational but practical. He discussed the social responsibility and appropriate attitude of a professional photographer. The key here is professional. You can take good pictures (professional photographers NEVER call their images, portraits, photographs… pictures) but that does not make you a professional.


I want to thank Lee my sponsor who introduced me to PPABC, and to all the accepting fellow photographers who made my experience an unforgettable one.


http://photographersrevolution.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment