Sunday, January 25, 2009

artist's marketing group

Weeks ago when I was researching online for ways to promote my artworks, I bumped into a website www.artbizconnection.com that offers a complimentary programme for artists to follow. The gist of it is that artists can form groups and follow a 3-month programme to promote their artworks as a group effort.

At that time I dismissed the idea immediately, and continued doing my independent research and work. After some time, I suddenly felt passionate about the project. I revisited the website and read all the text hungrily.

Now I have recruited 5 other committed fellow artists, and will begin our communal quest to a better artistic career on 3 Feb, 2009. We shall meet bi-weekly for 3 months.

I am very excited to meet other artists in town, and to develop a social rapport for an often-misunderstood profession.

Being an artist is never a linear path. In fact, the more linear an artist's path is, the less likely she is to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment