Monday, January 5, 2009

The snow persists...




It's been solidly snowing for three weeks. Vancouverites, including myself, are truly incompetent when it comes to living with the snow. Last night power went out at my place. I was only one of the thousands of families who went through the night without electricity.

I have mixed feelings towards the snow, but here is one that relates to art:

I was studio-bound due to the snow many days. There was a week of which I was inside completely for 5 days. Being forced to be closed by 4 walls to produce works reminded me why I make art. The intensive relationship I rekindled with my artworks was refreshing and powerful.

I asked myself if I were given the choice to lead a life of world travel and merriment, and that of making artworks, which would I choose.

I would choose the latter, and I remembered why.


Vancouver is truly beautiful when covered with snow, here are two photographs of Queen Elizabeth Park.

1 comment: