Tuesday, January 20, 2009

PPABC

Tonight I went to my first PPABC meeting. For non BC photographers, PPABC is an association for professional photographers in the province of British Columbia.

There was minor frustration getting to the meeting because of the rush hour traffic and the impenetrable fog. However, when I arrived though, my hot temper was melted by friendly faces.

Tonight's topic was on the Annual Salon Competition. I brought several images for critiques. I am glad I left my ego at home but tugged my open mind along.

Working alone too much and having only clients to please made me lose focus. I only know what my clients like and buy. That's all good, yet not the best way to push myself to the next level. Judging my images against Salon requirements has suddenly made most of my images not measuring up.

An awareness first. And then there's growth.

2 comments:

  1. Another great place for we Canon types to get some strong feedback is: http://photography-on-the.net/forum

    I have found that what I used to think was good turns out to be pretty pedestrian compared to many of these shooters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right Brian! I was meaning to check out the website! Thanks for kicking my xxx!

    ReplyDelete